-   -   Using Debian icedove to automatically send mail (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/709445-using-debian-icedove-automatically-send-mail.html)

Gary Roach 10-03-2012 09:54 PM

Using Debian icedove to automatically send mail

Is there any way to setup Icedove to automatically send out a monthly
message.

System:
Debian Sqeeze
KDE Desktop
Icedove mail client
I have tried to setup Exim several times with no success. I don't want
to go there.

Gary R.

Archive: 506CB41F.9030004@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/506CB41F.9030004@verizon.net

Yoann CONGAL 10-04-2012 09:44 AM

2012/10/3 Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net>:
> Is there any way to setup Icedove to automatically send out a monthly
> message.

I don't think there is since you have to click on the send button to send mail.

> I have tried to setup Exim several times with no success. I don't want to go
> there.

Did you try some lighter solutions like http://wiki.debian.org/sSMTP ?
I successfully used it some time ago to send mails without Exim.

--

Yoann

Brian 10-04-2012 10:38 AM

On Wed 03 Oct 2012 at 14:54:39 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> Is there any way to setup Icedove to automatically send out a
> monthly message.
> System:
> Debian Sqeeze
> KDE Desktop
> Icedove mail client
> I have tried to setup Exim several times with no success. I don't
> want to go there.

You have tried

dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

to bend exim to your will? Then you would have exim+mail+cron.

Otherwise, you could try sendemail.