Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Brian

Default Trying to install a package on a Lenny system : what url do I need on my sources.list ?

On Wed 03 Oct 2012 at 19:23:52 +0200, Bernard wrote:

> I still have an old Lenny system on which I wish to install the
> 'testdisk' package.
>
> 'apt-get install' says that it cannot get the necessary files.
>
> I know that Lenny is no longer maintained, but I suppose that there
> is a repository where the old packages are still available.
>
> Could someone tell me what address I should put in my source.list so
> as to be able to install the desired package ? Alternatively, where
> could I possibly find an appropriate 'testdisk.deb' file that I
> could install using 'dpkg -i mypackage.deb' ?

You have this to help with sources.list:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Or there is

http://snapshot.debian.org

Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Jude DaShiell

http://archive.debian.org/ may be helpful. That's where I found the
intfiction-installer package and installed it on wheezy and got it
working. hth.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Bernard

Brian wrote:

I still have an old Lenny system on which I wish to install the
'testdisk' package.

'apt-get install' says that it cannot get the necessary files.

I know that Lenny is no longer maintained, but I suppose that there
is a repository where the old packages are still available.

Could someone tell me what address I should put in my source.list so
as to be able to install the desired package ? Alternatively, where
could I possibly find an appropriate 'testdisk.deb' file that I
could install using 'dpkg -i mypackage.deb' ?

You have this to help with sources.list:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Or there is

http://snapshot.debian.org

Thanks a lot for this useful info