Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Britton Kerin

Default looking for the 'lockfile' program

I'm trying to determine if the 'lockfile' program is still available
or has been obsoleted for some reason.

I'm not looking for lockfile_create or friends, nor flock, but the
program described here:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_lockfile.htm

Thanks,
Britton

Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Britton Kerin

Ok, its part of procmail apparently.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Kumar Appaiah

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 04:31:39PM -0800, Britton Kerin wrote:
> Ok, its part of procmail apparently.
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to determine if the 'lockfile' program is still available
> > or has been obsoleted for some reason.
> >
> > I'm not looking for lockfile_create or friends, nor flock, but the
> > program described here:
> >
> > http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_lockfile.htm

For the future, you can easily check things like this by visiting http://packages.debian.org/file:<filename>

For instance,
http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=lockfile

Kumar
--
We should start referring to processes which run in the background by their
correct technical name... paenguins.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Wayne Topa