Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Gary Dale

Default nVidia Chip Set

On 01/10/12 02:28 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I have just installed Devian 6.0.6 (64bit) on my Linux platform and
want to upgrade the nVidia drivers. I buildt the system five or six
years ago and don't know which drivers to use.

How can I determine the chip set? The KDE Info Center doesn't list
video cards and the nVidia Grpahic Finder doesn't run in Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Try lspci | grep "nvidia"

Archive: 5069E40C.7020307@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/5069E40C.7020307@rogers.com

Old 10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Slavko

Hi,

Dňa Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:28:54 -0400 "Stephen P. Molnar"
<s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> nap*sal:

> How can I determine the chip set? The KDE Info Center doesn't list
> video cards and the nVidia Grpahic Finder doesn't run in Linux.

try this:

lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 220] (rev a2)

As you can see, i have the GeForce GT 220 model. The proper driver's
version for it you can find e.g. on the nvidia site
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx.

regards

--
Slavko