-   -   help using serial console w/ netboot (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/708819-help-using-serial-console-w-netboot.html)

Miles Fidelman 10-01-2012 05:23 PM

help using serial console w/ netboot

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build a headless, remote server - using an IPMI serial
terminal and PXEboot. The thing is, that I've got everything set up to
the point that the install system is booting (I can see the splash
screen via a remote KVM), but can't access it via a remote serial console.

I think I need to put some magic incantation in ../pxelinux.cfg, or
possibly some other config file - but can't find any documentation on
how to do it (what I have found is contradictory and doesn't work for
me). (For what it's worth, it's a supermicro rack-mount server, with
on-board IPMI 2, but I think the issue is configuring the boot file
properly.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Miles Fidelman