-   -   dl380g8 p420i fatal combo (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/708769-dl380g8-p420i-fatal-combo.html)

phi gcc 10-01-2012 01:44 PM

dl380g8 p420i fatal combo

Hi All,

Does anyone knows ho to install debian x64 latest on a HP dl380g8.

Sounds like hpsa is not ok with the debian installer, I tried the
debian-6.0.6-amd64-netinst.iso and hpsa is in the ist of possible
driver to use but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
Thanx in advance,
Phi

phi gcc 10-03-2012 07:26 AM

dl380g8 p420i fatal combo

Hi All,

With the help of HP storeage people, I can now install the DL380G8
with the latest debian netinstall cd, here is the sequence.

The whole things is about providing hpsa module with the
hpsa_allow_any=1 parameter, this occurs at each boot we bump into
during install.

1) Boot the netinstall cd
let it go up to "DIsk Detection", it fail there and propose a list of
driver/modules, use the "Go Back" to get a shell escape
# cd /sbin
# modprobe -r hpsa
# modprobe hpsa hpsa_allow_any=1
# exit

Resume the install, and redo the disk detection, it goes to the disc
partitioning, up to install completion and reboot.

2) First reboot
It fail and drop a shell (initramfs), here we do the same as above the
same as above
# cd /sbin
# modprobe -r hpsa
# modprobe hpsa hpsa_allow_any=1
# exit
The boot proceed.

3) login and gain root priv, edit /boot/grub/grub.cfg
Find the menu entry line, after the root= add hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1
WATCH the little diff here you got to add hpsa. before hpsa_allow_any=1
Reboot.

Cheers,
Phi