-   -   internet connection is disconnected very often (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/708482-internet-connection-disconnected-very-often.html)

Serkan KURT 09-30-2012 08:34 AM

internet connection is disconnected very often

Hello

In my Debian Wheezy System, internet connection is disconnected very often. In the meantime, I cannot reach modem interface. In Network manager, the connection seems to have. I can access to internet when disconnect and reconnect it to the Network Manager. The situation is the same in both wired and wireless. Please help.

The output of lspci;

06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO / Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02)

Network Manager Network Interface status;

Type: Wired Ethernet
Connection State: Connected
IP Address: 192.168.1.34
Connection Speed​​: 10 Mbit / s
System Name: eth0
MAC Address: ****
Driver: tg3

Atıf CEYLAN 09-30-2012 07:25 PM

internet connection is disconnected very often

Hi,

Sometimes I encounter with the same problem. I think your problem reason is your modem. If you use a network device with broadcom chipset, your problem reason is that. I have 3 modems** (cisco linksys, airties and current docsis3.0 cable modem and all of them include broadcom chipset network devices) and 3 computers (two debians one winXP).* Sometimes I can connect to modem from Debians* but can not be data transfer between my computer and the modem. I get some dhcp error in syslog. I think there is a problem only between linux+broadcom client and with broadcom chipset modems.

--

M.Atıf CEYLAN

Yurdum Yazılım

Serkan KURT 09-30-2012 07:48 PM

internet connection is disconnected very often

But have the same problem with the wireless connection. And there is no problem with windows.

Kent West 09-30-2012 08:01 PM

[...]

Some few years ago I saw similar behavior. It coincided with the change
in /etc/networking/interfaces from "auto <interface" to "allow-hotplug
<interface>". I edited the file back to "auto", and that solved my
problem. I'm not sure that would work now, as I think the
/etc/networking/interfaces is deprecated.

/Kent