Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 AM
houkensjtu

Default how to "vncviewer" my home pc from office?

I have a debian laptop in my home, which is connected to a router(which is connected to my modem). I did ifconfig on my laptop and it gaves me a bunch of information and I noticed there is a ip addr. which is 192.168.1.3...And I opened a vncserver on my laptop.

I tried to connect my laptop from my office by

vncviewer 192.168.1.3:1

but things not work...by saying

vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: No route to host
Unable to connect to VNC server

I know my question seems stupid but plz help me!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Valery Mamonov

192.168.1.3 is private non-routed range, used for local networks. If you want to fast decision, try to use teamviewer - teamviewer.com.

Other ways are rather complicated, for example installing and configuring openVPN at home computer and make port forwarding on modem and router to have possibility to connect home computer.