Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM
james gray

Default aptitude interpretation of dialog

after the initial dialog received from #aptitude safe-upgrade there was at the end.*

the following :

Need to get O B of archives. After unpacking O B will be used.

after that dialog, the command line was handed back*

Question: what is O B.

I am working with the Debian Net Install 6.0 Squeeze. No GUI.*
Thank you *

Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Darac Marjal

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 05:49:29AM -0700, james gray wrote:
> after the initial dialog received from #aptitude safe-upgrade there was at
> the end.�
>
> the following :
>
> Need to get O B of archives. After unpacking O B will be used.
>
> after that dialog, the command line was handed back�
>
> Question: what is O B.

Zero bytes. In other words, nothing needed to be downloaded and, after
installation (of nothing), no extra space would be needed.

This either means there are no new packages, or that you've already
downloaded the packages and the new packages won't take up any extra
space on your drive.