-   -   Wacom Intuos dies after system suspend (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/708051-wacom-intuos-dies-after-system-suspend.html)

Helgi Örn Helgason 09-28-2012 08:44 AM

Wacom Intuos dies after system suspend

Hi!

I have a Wacom Intuos 2 Graphic Tablet connected through USB. When I
wake up the system after it's been in suspend-mode, the Wacom doesn't
work. According to Gimp it's still connected and checking with with
xinput gives me:

$ xinput --list --short
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Microsoft Microsoft Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel id=10 [slave
pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]

But still the tablet doesn't react to the pointer at all, the only way
I can get it going again is by rebooting the system.
This happens in all of my Debian computers, Wheezy and Squeese (also
some Ubuntu derivatives I've tested).

Can someone enlighten me on this? Surely there must be a way to get
this going without rebooting? A command or something?

Cheers,
/Helgi Örn

lee 09-28-2012 01:26 PM

Helgi rn Helgason <sacredeagle@gmail.com> writes:

> Can someone enlighten me on this? Surely there must be a way to get
> this going without rebooting? A command or something?

Unplug it before suspend and plug it back in after waking up, or unplug
it and plug it back in after waking up? Or don't suspend ...

--
Debian testing amd64

Helgi rn Helgason 09-28-2012 09:29 PM

On 28 September 2012 15:26, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> Helgi rn Helgason <sacredeagle@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can someone enlighten me on this? Surely there must be a way to get
>> this going without rebooting? A command or something?
>
> Unplug it before suspend and plug it back in after waking up, or unplug
> it and plug it back in after waking up? Or don't suspend ...

Unplugging/replugging has never helped.
If not suspending had been an option then I wouldn't have asked for help.