-   -   OpenCL for AMD/ATI cards (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/707688-opencl-amd-ati-cards.html)

Paul Zimmerman 09-26-2012 11:37 PM

OpenCL for AMD/ATI cards

According to the Debianwiki (http://wiki.debian.org/ATIStream) the library to get OpenCL functions with AMD/ATI video cards is called amd-libopencl1 and you can just install it with apt. But, it doesn't appear in the repository lists, not even backports. And yet a search for it DOES show that it exists. (http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=amd-libopencl1 leads to http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/amd-libopencl1) So why doesn't it appear in the lists? How do we obtain and install it?

Thierry 09-27-2012 05:38 AM

OpenCL for AMD/ATI cards

On Thursday 27 September 2012 01:37:43 Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> According to the Debianwiki (http://wiki.debian.org/ATIStream) the
library
> to get OpenCL functions with AMD/ATI video cards is called amd-
libopencl1
> and you can just install it with apt. But, it doesn't appear in the
> repository lists, not even backports. And yet a search for it DOES show
> that it exists. (http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=amd-
libopencl1
> leads to http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/amd-
libopencl1) So
> why doesn't it appear in the lists? How do we obtain and install it?

Check that you have nonfree in your sources.list
Thierry