Old 09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Rob Owens

Default Decompressing .m4a .

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 04:14:00PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> I can not decompress .m4a files w/ mplayer2:
>
> /usr/bin/mplayer2 -nolirc -vo null -vc dummy -cache 32768 -cache-min 99
> -ao pcm:waveheader:file=./1.wav ./01 Waiting.m4a
>
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0xab6f00]max_analyze_duration
> reached
>
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x47504A4D.
>
> ad_ffmpeg: initial decode failed
>
> Audio decoder init failed for codecs.conf entry "ffalac".
>
> ad_ffmpeg: initial decode failed
>
> Audio decoder init failed for codecs.conf entry "lavc".
>
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x63616C61.
>
> It is on wheezy packaged from deb-multimedia.

It could be that the file is corrupted. Or it could be some whacky new
codec. I don't think it's required, but just in case you might want to
make sure w32codecs is installed.

-Rob

Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Celejar

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:14:00 +0700
Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good time of the day.
>

> I can not decompress .m4a files w/ mplayer2:
>
> /usr/bin/mplayer2 -nolirc -vo null -vc dummy -cache 32768 -cache-min 99
> -ao pcm:waveheader:file=./1.wav ./01 Waiting.m4a
>
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0xab6f00]max_analyze_duration
> reached
>
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x47504A4D.
>
> ad_ffmpeg: initial decode failed
>
> Audio decoder init failed for codecs.conf entry "ffalac".
>
> ad_ffmpeg: initial decode failed
>
> Audio decoder init failed for codecs.conf entry "lavc".
>
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x63616C61.
>
> It is on wheezy packaged from deb-multimedia.
>

> If You have any ideas on how I can solve the problem, please reply.
>

> Thanks for Your time.

As noted ad infinitum on this list, mixing and matching A/V stuff from
the official repos and dmo can cause just these sorts of headaches. Are
you doing that? Does playback work using official Debian packages?

Celejar

Old 09-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Jon Dowland

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 04:14:00PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> I can not decompress .m4a files w/ mplayer2:

Can you play it back with anything else? m4a implies an iTunes-style
AAC-encoded file. VLC should be able to decode it, plus anything linking
to libfaad, such as faad or audacious.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Rob.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You wrote:

> It could be that the file is corrupted. Or it could be some whacky
> new codec. I don't think it's required, but just in case you might
> want to make sure w32codecs is installed.

No. In this case it was not the case.

I have solved my problem by simply reinstalling all double packages from
DMO - thus reverting to wheezy official packages. )

Sthu.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Celejar.

You wrote:

> As noted ad infinitum on this list, mixing and matching A/V stuff from
> the official repos and dmo can cause just these sorts of headaches.
> Are you doing that? Does playback work using official Debian packages?

You guessed right! )

Still I have to use it as there remain the packages missing in official
repo.s. |

Sthu.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Celejar

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:11:19 +0700
Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good time of the day, Celejar.
>

> Thank You for Your time and answer.
> You wrote:
>
> > As noted ad infinitum on this list, mixing and matching A/V stuff from
> > the official repos and dmo can cause just these sorts of headaches.
> > Are you doing that? Does playback work using official Debian packages?
>
> You guessed right! )
>
> Still I have to use it as there remain the packages missing in official
> repo.s. |

If you switch over all related packages to dmo versions, it may work -
the problems generally occur when you have some from dmo and some from
the official repos.

Celejar