-   -   Not able to access anything beyond the PPP server. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/707216-not-able-access-anything-beyond-ppp-server.html)

sai 09-25-2012 12:20 PM

Not able to access anything beyond the PPP server.

Hi All,

I'm Sai Krishna. I have a very fundamental problem.
I'm trying to establish a connection from a client to LAN using PPP,
where my machine is the client. Actually, I was able to ping the PPP
server but not able to ping other machines in that network beyond the
PPP server. I have done "route add -net -.-.-.- dev ppp0", once the
connection is established. Also, I was just able to ping to the PPP
server and when I tried ssh, the PPP connection is getting lost. Even
the traceroute was unsuccessful. I will be grateful to you if you help
me come over this problem. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thank you,

Regards,
Sai Krishna.