Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
lina

Default connect to SMTP server timeout

Hi,

I met the following issue just recent three days,

sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server
pod51003.outlook.com timed out. Try again or contact your network
administrator.

Is it something wrong from my side? How do I check the problem?

Thanks ahead for your suggestions,

Best regards,

Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:11:08 +0800, lina wrote:

> I met the following issue just recent three days,
>
> sending of message failed.
> The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server
> pod51003.outlook.com timed out. Try again or contact your network
> administrator.
>
> Is it something wrong from my side? How do I check the problem?

It works fine now from here:

sm01@stt008:~$ telnet pod51003.outlook.com 25
Trying 111.221.117.6...
Connected to pod51003.outlook.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 pod51003.outlook.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:18:22 +0000

So yes, if you're still facing the problem, contact your network
administrator.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón