Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
"Edward C. Jones"

Default Error message; "cannot fetch install sources"

I use up-to-date Debian testing, amd64 architecture.

For the last few days, the following message is sometimes displayed, for
a few seconds: "cannot fetch install sources". Then it says something
like "ftp.us.debian.org wheezy inRelease". What does this mean?

Archive: 505F62CF.5010005@comcast.net">http://lists.debian.org/505F62CF.5010005@comcast.net

Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Brian

On Sun 23 Sep 2012 at 15:28:15 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> I use up-to-date Debian testing, amd64 architecture.
>
> For the last few days, the following message is sometimes displayed,
> for a few seconds: "cannot fetch install sources". Then it says
> something like "ftp.us.debian.org wheezy inRelease". What does this
> mean?

The exact messages are always better than "something like . . ."

Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:28:15 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> I use up-to-date Debian testing, amd64 architecture.
>
> For the last few days, the following message is sometimes displayed, for
> a few seconds: "cannot fetch install sources". Then it says something
> like "ftp.us.debian.org wheezy inRelease". What does this mean?

If it used to work and you made no change, it could mean a transient
error. Give it some time and retry again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
"Edward C. Jones"

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:28:15 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> I use up-to-date Debian testing, amd64 architecture.
>
> For the last few days, the following message is sometimes displayed, for
> a few seconds: "cannot fetch install sources". Then it says something
> like "ftp.us.debian.org wheezy inRelease". What does this mean?

Each morning I use synaptic to update my system. I use KDE.

The full error message is:

Cannot fetch install sources

E: Error http://ftp.us.debian.org
wheezy inRelease