Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 AM

Default Preseed for Wheezy - Sizes, Labels and Logicals

The partman auto instructions say that with partition 'max' parameter
set to 1000000000, all remaining space on the disk will be used. Then
it says that there is a partition size limit of 1000000000 due to the
32-bit shell integer limitation.

I am installng a 64-bit version. So, what are the limitations for
64-bit? I want to set a 16GB partition. How can I define a 16GB
partition? How can I allocate the remaining unused space with method{
keep }?

The partman auto instructions say how to label a partitions, but I did
not see a way to label the disk. Is there a way to label the disk?

The partman auto instructions shows how to define a partition as
primary, but there wasn't a description of how to define logical
partitions.

My intent was to have four primary partitions, each bootable for four
different multi-boots. How do I associate any one /boot with a / or
other mount point? After experiementing with this configuration, my
plan is to convert the system to Xen. There is not intent to multi-boot
with Xen. Is there any value in this multi-partition setup like this
for VMs?

ray

Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:03:51 -0700, ray wrote:

> The partman auto instructions say that with partition 'max' parameter
> set to 1000000000, all remaining space on the disk will be used. Then
> it says that there is a partition size limit of 1000000000 due to the
> 32-bit shell integer limitation.

(...)

Ray, I would ask for this also at "debian-boot" mailing list because
people in there will be able to answer your questions about the specifics
of presseding or at least can point you to some good (or more complete/
detailed) documentation that covers your required scenario.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón