Old 09-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Camaleón

Default Current status for "wl" driver in Wheezy

Hello,

I'm trying to install the "wl" driver (sadly, the "brcmsmac" which I like
so much runs very unstable for me) as always, by following the given
instructions:

http://wiki.debian.org/wl#Wheezy

But I cannot get the job done, I mean, the required packages are
installed but the driver is not compiled. Looking at the BTS I've found
this report (patch is available but still not uploaded to the pool):

broadcom-sta-dkms: DKMS doesn't work with 3.4 kernel

It says it affects kernel 3.4 -while Wheezy has 3.2- but the behaviour I
get is quite similar, so can anyone confirm the "wl" driver cannot be
compiled right now in Wheezy? There's no hurry, I can wait, is just to
discard a PBKC error..

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 17:14:52 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> so can anyone confirm the "wl" driver cannot be compiled right now in
> Wheezy?

(...)

No one using the "wl" driver in wheezy? W-o-w >>:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Jerome BENOIT

so can anyone confirm the "wl" driver cannot be compiled right now in
Wheezy?

Are you dealing with broadcom-sta ( http://packages.debian.org/source/wheezy/broadcom-sta ) ?
It works well on my Wheezy box.

Jerome