Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Jude DaShiell

Default command line interface tool question

What command line interface tool or tools does Linux have available to
snag a graphical image of what's on the screen and save that image in a
file? If you're running lynx and you come up on a website with a captcha
on a form and want to snag that captcha so you can send it to a captcha
solving site what can be used to do that?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 07:13:10 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> What command line interface tool or tools does Linux have available to
> snag a graphical image of what's on the screen and save that image in a
> file?

That I know, "ffmpeg" can do it but there has to be others.

> If you're running lynx and you come up on a website with a captcha on a
> form and want to snag that captcha so you can send it to a captcha
> solving site what can be used to do that?

I think "wget" can be of help here but it will depend on how dynamically
the image is rendered.

Anyway, sites using image captcha systems should care about these
situations and provide an alternative method tha can be used for text-
based browsers.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón