-   -   Question about Icedove and Cantarell font (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/705161-question-about-icedove-cantarell-font.html)

Pascal Obry 09-18-2012 04:20 PM

Question about Icedove and Cantarell font

Hi,

Since my first steps with Gnome Shell (3.0 in Debian experimental
branch) I can't use the Cantarell font because it is not properly
rendered under Icedove. I have this problem only with Icedove AFAICT. I
have retested today and still have the same problem.

I have referenced below two snapshots of my screen one with the FreeSans
font where the font are properly vertically aligned (see selected line)
and one with the Cantarell font where on the selected line we see
clearly that the font is on the bottom of the line and it remains more
space above.

Question... Is that only me or do someone have this same problem? And if
so is there a way to fix this?

cantarell: http://hpics.li/5849149
freesans: http://hpics.li/daa1e51

Thanks in advance,
Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

Camaleón 09-18-2012 05:50 PM

Question about Icedove and Cantarell font

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:20:49 +0200, Pascal Obry wrote:

(...)

> Question... Is that only me or do someone have this same problem? And if
> so is there a way to fix this?

JFYI, I also get the same behaviour in Lenny (64-bits) and Thunderbird
15.0.1; Cantarell font seems to be rendered almost touching the baseline.

I would ask at the Thunderbird forums or write a bug report in Debian BTS
or at Mozilla's bugzilla.

P.S. I didn't notice before because the first thing I do when I install
any OS is setting Tahoma at 8pt as the system default font and disable
anti-aliasing. Yes, I'm a weirdo in this regard O:-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Pascal Obry 09-19-2012 08:16 AM

Question about Icedove and Cantarell font

Camaleón,

> JFYI, I also get the same behaviour in Lenny (64-bits) and Thunderbird
> 15.0.1; Cantarell font seems to be rendered almost touching the baseline.

Ok thanks for confirming I'm not the only one!

> I would ask at the Thunderbird forums or write a bug report in Debian BTS
> or at Mozilla's bugzilla.

I've opened an issue at the Mozilla's bugzilla.