Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 AM
L V Gandhi

Default edimax usb wifi adapter and squeeze

I have edimax usb wifi adapter in my laptop. It triple boots windows,
squeeze and kubuntu 1204.
I tried as per site http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x with normal
linux-image 2.6.35. It worked initially and then it stopped working.
Then I saw it worked with out problem in kubuntu. Hence from backports
I installed kernel version 3. Then it worked. But again now it is not
working in squeeze while it works ok in windows and kubuntu. lsmod
|grep rtl gives same in squeeze and kubuntu as below
rtl8192cu 103297 0
rtl8192c_common 75767 1 rtl8192cu
rtlwifi 111202 1 rtl8192cu
mac80211 506816 5
rtl8192cu,rtl8192c_common,iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_lega cy
cfg80211 205544 4 iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_legacy,mac80211
How to make it work in squeeze with kernel 3 again?
Any more info needed?
--
L V Gandhi

Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 AM
lee

L V Gandhi <lvglist@gmail.com> writes:

> I have edimax usb wifi adapter in my laptop. It triple boots windows,
> squeeze and kubuntu 1204.
> I tried as per site http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x with normal
> linux-image 2.6.35. It worked initially and then it stopped working.
> Then I saw it worked with out problem in kubuntu. Hence from backports
> I installed kernel version 3. Then it worked. But again now it is not
> working in squeeze while it works ok in windows and kubuntu. lsmod
> |grep rtl gives same in squeeze and kubuntu as below
> rtl8192cu 103297 0
> rtl8192c_common 75767 1 rtl8192cu
> rtlwifi 111202 1 rtl8192cu
> mac80211 506816 5
> rtl8192cu,rtl8192c_common,iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_lega cy
> cfg80211 205544 4 iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_legacy,mac80211
> How to make it work in squeeze with kernel 3 again?
> Any more info needed?

Is the device recognised? Did you set up wpa_supplicant?

--
Debian testing amd64

Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
L V Gandhi

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:28 AM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> L V Gandhi <lvglist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have edimax usb wifi adapter in my laptop. It triple boots windows,
>> squeeze and kubuntu 1204.
>> I tried as per site http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x with normal
>> linux-image 2.6.35. It worked initially and then it stopped working.
>> Then I saw it worked with out problem in kubuntu. Hence from backports
>> I installed kernel version 3. Then it worked. But again now it is not
>> working in squeeze while it works ok in windows and kubuntu. lsmod
>> |grep rtl gives same in squeeze and kubuntu as below
>> rtl8192cu 103297 0
>> rtl8192c_common 75767 1 rtl8192cu
>> rtlwifi 111202 1 rtl8192cu
>> mac80211 506816 5
>> rtl8192cu,rtl8192c_common,iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_lega cy
>> cfg80211 205544 4 iwl3945,rtlwifi,iwl_legacy,mac80211
>> How to make it work in squeeze with kernel 3 again?
>> Any more info needed?
>
> Is the device recognised? Did you set up wpa_supplicant?

As I said in my mail, it was working with wpasupplicant and wicd. Then
it stopped working. Now I downloaded latest drivers from their site
and installed it and blacklisted original kernel drivers. Now it is
working. It needs to observed further.

--
L V Gandhi

Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Ma, 18 sep 12, 06:39:34, L V Gandhi wrote:
> How to make it work in squeeze with kernel 3 again?
> Any more info needed?

Things don't just stop working, most likely there was some change in
your setup. You should thoroughly investigate any changes that may have
influenced this, not excluding hardware.

Kind regards,
Andrei