Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Simon Brandmair

Default squid on other box than iptables NAT?

Hi group,

I thought I could run squid (3.1.20) on one box, and iptables with DNAT
on another box with

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -i $LOCIF ! -s $squidbox
! -d $localnet -j DNAT --to-destination $squidbox:3128

squid.conf snip:
http_port 192.x.x.x:3128 intercept

But on the squidbox /var/var/log/squid3/cache.log says:
IpIntercept.cc(137) NetfilterInterception: NF
getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST) failed on FD 45: (92) Protocol not available

Some manuals on the internet suggest that this setup should be possible
[1], while others claim squid must run on the same box performing NAT
[2].

Can anybody help me out with this?

Cheers,
Simon