Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Lisi

Default When was Lilo replaced as the Debian default?

Which version was the first to have GRUB by default? I know that Etch and
Lenny both had GRUB by default and that Squeeze has GRUB 2 by default. But
when did Lilo stop being default? (I had GRUB in Sarge, but it may not have
been the default.)

Thanks.
Lisi

Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 15:28 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> Which version was the first to have GRUB by default? I know that Etch and
> Lenny both had GRUB by default and that Squeeze has GRUB 2 by default. But
> when did Lilo stop being default? (I had GRUB in Sarge, but it may not have
> been the default.)

For Sarge, Debian 3.1, GRUB was the default bootloader for the first
time. IIRC Sarge or Etch was my first Debian. My first Linux was Suse
9.0.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Claudius Hubig

Hello Lisi,

Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which version was the first to have GRUB by default? I know that Etch and
> Lenny both had GRUB by default and that Squeeze has GRUB 2 by default. But
> when did Lilo stop being default? (I had GRUB in Sarge, but it may not have
> been the default.)

http://openskill.info/infobox.php?ID=1104 and
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/lilo.htm say that GRUB was the default in Sarge.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
A board is the planck unit of boredom.
http://chubig.net telnet nightfall.org 4242

Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Lisi

On Thursday 13 September 2012 15:44:24 Claudius Hubig wrote:
> http://openskill.info/infobox.php?ID=1104 and
> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/lilo.htm say that GRUB was the default in
> Sarge.

Thanks, Claudius. :-)