Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM
evol

Default Fan speed freezes, and hotkeys stop working. Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad L512 (2597AB2)

I write here as I do not know to what package this problem belongs.

I've purchased LENOVO ThinkPad L512 (2597AB2) laptop, and experiencing some problems with
it in Linux. Particularly, after some time (it may be 10 minutes, or may be day)
buttons Fn + F1, Fn + F2, ..., Fn + F12, Insert, Delete, Home, Volume+, Volume-,
Volume Mute are no longer works (all button Fn+"*"), And it does so until one
completely cuts laptop from the power (no AC, no battery) reboot or on/off cycle are unhelpful.

Also CPU fan behaves strangely:
automatic the system works with management of turns of cpu fan badly and can lead to an overheat.

Sorry for the bad ENGLAND.

--
evol mail