Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Camaleón

Default Missing Files Prevent Installation/Execution of Applications

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:42:34 -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> On Thursday 13 September 2012 10:10:58 Camaleón wrote:

>> > The PyRx instalation process gives me:
>> >
>> > computation@debian:~/Applications$ ./PyRx-0.9-Linux-x86-Install
>> > invalid command name "bind"
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Check if these forum thread posts help:
>>
>> http://mgl.scripps.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1066
>>

> Thanks for your note.
>
> As a matter of fact, these are not 3D applications. I've run both on
> other linux OS's.
>
> Google turned out to be my friend and I installed the 32 bit libraries
> with apt-get install ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk. Having accomplished that
> I installed PyRx successfully and it now runs on my 64 bit Debian
> system.

Glad it worked :-)

> Unfortunately, the problem with MGLTools still exists:
>
> computation@debian:~/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/bin$ ./adt setting
> PYTHONHOME environment
> Run AutoDockTools from
> /home/computation/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/MGLToolsPckgs/
AutoDockTools
> Resource file used to customize PMV:
> /home/computation/.mgltools/1.5.4/Pmv/_pmvrc opengl extension
> GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present X Error of failed request:
> BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 14 (X_GetGeometry) Resource id in
> failed request: 0x5e00032 Serial number of failed request: 4435
>
> There is obviously something missing.

Yes, most sure the required OpenGL extension.

Run "glxinfo | grep -i gl_ext_packed" and look if it is there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
"Stephen P. Molnar"

On Thursday 13 September 2012 13:53:05 Camaleón wrote:

> >> (...)
> >>
> >> Check if these forum thread posts help:
> >>
> >> http://mgl.scripps.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1066
> >
> > Thanks for your note.
> >
> > As a matter of fact, these are not 3D applications. I've run both on
> > other linux OS's.
> >
> > Google turned out to be my friend and I installed the 32 bit libraries
> > with apt-get install ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk. Having accomplished that
> > I installed PyRx successfully and it now runs on my 64 bit Debian
> > system.
>
> Glad it worked :-)
>
> > Unfortunately, the problem with MGLTools still exists:
> >
> > computation@debian:~/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/bin$ ./adt setting
> > PYTHONHOME environment
> > Run AutoDockTools from
> > /home/computation/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/MGLToolsPckgs/
>
> AutoDockTools
>
> > Resource file used to customize PMV:
> > /home/computation/.mgltools/1.5.4/Pmv/_pmvrc opengl extension
> > GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present X Error of failed request:
> > BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> >
> > Major opcode of failed request: 14 (X_GetGeometry) Resource id in
> > failed request: 0x5e00032 Serial number of failed request: 4435
> >
> > There is obviously something missing.
>
> Yes, most sure the required OpenGL extension.
>
> Run "glxinfo | grep -i gl_ext_packed" and look if it is there.
>
> Greetings,

Glxinfo was a good suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

I think it comes down to which library contains the missing link? Also, it
may b e a 32 bit application.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry Stochastic and Multivariant

Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Jo, 13 sep 12, 14:45:30, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> Glxinfo was a good suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

What do you mean by this? Please copy-paste the error messages.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:45:30 -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> On Thursday 13 September 2012 13:53:05 Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > Major opcode of failed request: 14 (X_GetGeometry) Resource id in
>> > failed request: 0x5e00032 Serial number of failed request: 4435
>> >
>> > There is obviously something missing.
>>
>> Yes, most sure the required OpenGL extension.
>>
>> Run "glxinfo | grep -i gl_ext_packed" and look if it is there.
>>
>> Greetings,
>
> Glxinfo was a good suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

As Andrei already suggested, kindly explain this. Do you mean...?

1/ "glxinfo" binary is not found (it comes with "mesa-utils" package and
this is not installed)

2/ The above command returned void

> I think it comes down to which library contains the missing link? Also,
> it may b e a 32 bit application.

To find the root of the problem we need to know first what happened with
glxinfo :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Chris Bannister

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

> Unfortunately, the problem with MGLTools still exists:
>
> computation@debian:~/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/bin$ ./adt
> setting PYTHONHOME environment
> Run AutoDockTools from
> /home/computation/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools
> Resource file used to customize PMV:
> /home/computation/.mgltools/1.5.4/Pmv/_pmvrc
> opengl extension GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present

Mmmm,
http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/feature/GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil

What is your driver version? Graphics card model?

http://autodock.1369657.n2.nabble.com/ADL-MGL-installation-on-64-bit-windows7-td4280267.html

If you google 'GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil' you can see even more
results.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X