Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default OT: Installation

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 19:49 -0700, Weaver wrote:
> MC isn't installed by default and I think it should be.

I didn't know that MC comes with an editor. I'll install mc today and
test it again.

Regards,
Ralf

Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
"Weaver"

On Tue, September 11, 2012 12:58 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 19:49 -0700, Weaver wrote:
>> MC isn't installed by default and I think it should be.
>
> I didn't know that MC comes with an editor. I'll install mc today and
> test it again.

Yes, in the configuration settings, you can select 'Internal Edit'.
Regards,

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-- Thomas Paine

Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Ma, 11 sep 12, 05:47:46, Weaver wrote:

> On Tue, September 11, 2012 12:58 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I didn't know that MC comes with an editor. I'll install mc today and
> > test it again.
>
> Yes, in the configuration settings, you can select 'Internal Edit'.
> Regards,

You can also use it directly, it's called 'mcedit'.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 20:11 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 11 sep 12, 05:47:46, Weaver wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, September 11, 2012 12:58 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > >
> > > I didn't know that MC comes with an editor. I'll install mc today and
> > > test it again.
> >
> > Yes, in the configuration settings, you can select 'Internal Edit'.
> > Regards,
>
> You can also use it directly, it's called 'mcedit'.

Too funny, it's easier to use than vim .

Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
"Weaver"

On Tue, September 11, 2012 10:11 am, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 11 sep 12, 05:47:46, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, September 11, 2012 12:58 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> >
>> > I didn't know that MC comes with an editor. I'll install mc today and
>> > test it again.
>>
>> Yes, in the configuration settings, you can select 'Internal Edit'.
>> Regards,
>
> You can also use it directly, it's called 'mcedit'.

O.K., thanks for that.
Regards,

Weaver.