Old 09-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Tom Rausner

Default Install Debian on a UEFI-motherboard ?

Hi Folks.
I have a tower PC with a serious motherboard problem.
It is unable to pass data from one place (say the harddisk)
to another (say a CDROM), without drowning it in errors.
I think some pathways in the motherboard is broken, so I want to
replace it. BUT most of the motherboards on the market doesn't
have an old-style BIOS, they've got the UEFI-thing. So the question
is; can I replace my motherboard with one infested with the UEFI-thing
and get a Debian install to work on it ?

--
Tom Rausner
tom@rausner.dk ICQ:276707843 www.tomtech.dk

Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM