Old 04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Robert Holtzman

Default test

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Karl Larsen wrote:

>> How can it be a bug when you got the mail you wanted?! :-)
>>
>> BC
>>

> I had to turn thunderbird off and then reload before it loaded the
> mail that was already here.

That just means that the first installation was incomplete or corrupted.
That doesn't make it a bug let alone a bug in T'bird!

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Basil Chupin wrote:

> On 14/04/10 23:05, Karl Larsen wrote:

>>> Ceiling Cat sees what you did there!!
>>>

>> It is stranger than even that. I sent this test to see if I could
>> send mail with Thunderbird 3.0.4 since I didn't see any messages coming
>> in. When to bed and this morning still no messages. I poked at Get Mail
>> 10 times and nothing.
>>
>> So I turned off Thunderbird and then reloaded. It came up and got
>> lots of mail. It is a bug for Thunderbird.
>>

> How can it be a bug when you got the mail you wanted?! :-)

You have to remember that whenever a program doesn't behave the way Karl
*thinks* it should it's a bug.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Basil Chupin

On 15/04/10 04:33, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> It is stranger than even that. I sent this test to see if I could
>>> send mail with Thunderbird 3.0.4 since I didn't see any messages coming
>>> in. When to bed and this morning still no messages. I poked at Get Mail
>>> 10 times and nothing.
>>>
>>> So I turned off Thunderbird and then reloaded. It came up and got
>>> lots of mail. It is a bug for Thunderbird.
>>>

>> How can it be a bug when you got the mail you wanted?! :-)
>>
> You have to remember that whenever a program doesn't behave the way Karl
> *thinks* it should it's a bug.

I see. I'll keep this in mind :-) .

BC

Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 AM
papul

Sorry for this useless message. testing some service.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:58 AM, papul <mkakati2805@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for this useless message. testing some service.

You're send a test message to 500-1000 people on a mailing list.
Idiotic. Create a mail account on another provider and test your
thing. Don't annoy us. Mr. Aaron may ban you if you do this once more.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr

Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Andres P

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 09:21:07AM +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:58 AM, papul <mkakati2805@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for this useless message. testing some service.
> >

> You're send a test message to 500-1000 people on a mailing list.
> Idiotic. Create a mail account on another provider and test your
> thing. Don't annoy us. Mr. Aaron may ban you if you do this once more.
>
> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> Facebook: nilesh.gr
> Twitter: nileshgr
> Website: www.itech7.com

Jesus... calm down man.

"Mr Aaron"...

really?

--
Andres P

Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM
"Armando M. Baratti"

Sorry for this useless message. testing some service.

You're send a test message to 500-1000 people on a mailing list.
Idiotic. Create a mail account on another provider and test your
thing. Don't annoy us. Mr. Aaron may ban you if you do this once more.

And Mr Aaron can ban you for calling others "Idiotic" :-)

Let's expect he has a lot of common sense and don't ban anyone for so
little.

@papul:
If you're trying some sort of program (like an automatic troller, or
something like this :-) on the list, you can test it on any normal mail
account, the list will behave the same.

Armando

Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 AM
"Jérôme M. Berger"

Armando M. Baratti wrote:
> @papul:
> If you're trying some sort of program (like an automatic troller, or
> something like this :-) on the list, you can test it on any normal mail
> account, the list will behave the same.

Ah, but if he's using some sort of news-to-mail gateway (like
gmane), he can't guarantee how the list will behave until he tries...

Jerome
--
mailto:jeberger@free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr