Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Darren Baginski

Default Poor veth performance

Hi!

I faced poor veth performance on Debian squeeze.
What I did

1) #ip link add type veth
2) #cat /etc/vservers/vserver01/interfaces/0/dev
veth0
3) #cat /etc/vservers/vserver01/interfaces/0/ip
192.168.145.119

Whole 192.168.145.0/24 is routed to that host server.
>From the linux-vserver container I'm getting about 1Mbit speed while with the same attached to lo interface
I'm getting whole wire speed.
Issue is not vserver specific and here only to simplify testing.
Any suggestions ?