Old 08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Martin Smith

Default Wheezy installer problems

I downloaded today an AMD64 wheezy CD1, a couple of problems:
It locks up on detect network hardware, and if I try an expert install
and avoid the network bit it gets as far as starting up the partitioner
40% and stops again.

It is
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b1-amd64-CD-1.iso

On a Sony Vaio VGN-SR41M which actually runs squeeze, very nicely, but
on another drive.

Are there any workarounds for this errant behaviour? Or do I have to
wait for a fix?

cheers

--
Martin

Archive: 50365892.9010601@rakupottery.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/50365892.9010601@rakupottery.org.uk

Old 08-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Brian

On Thu 23 Aug 2012 at 17:21:38 +0100, Martin Smith wrote:

> I downloaded today an AMD64 wheezy CD1, a couple of problems:
> It locks up on detect network hardware, and if I try an expert
> install and avoid the network bit it gets as far as starting up the
> partitioner 40% and stops again.
>
> It is http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b1-amd64-CD-1.iso
>
> On a Sony Vaio VGN-SR41M which actually runs squeeze, very nicely,
> but on another drive.
>
> Are there any workarounds for this errant behaviour? Or do I have to
> wait for a fix?

Please read some of the posts in debian-boot for the past week or so.
I'll start you off with this one:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/08/msg00483.html

Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Martin Smith

I downloaded today an AMD64 wheezy CD1, a couple of problems:
It locks up on detect network hardware, and if I try an expert
install and avoid the network bit it gets as far as starting up the
partitioner 40% and stops again.

It is http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b1-amd64-CD-1.iso

On a Sony Vaio VGN-SR41M which actually runs squeeze, very nicely,
but on another drive.

Are there any workarounds for this errant behaviour? Or do I have to
wait for a fix?

Please read some of the posts in debian-boot for the past week or so.
I'll start you off with this one:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/08/msg00483.html

Thanks for that info!

--
Martin

Archive: 50367010.80101@rakupottery.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/50367010.80101@rakupottery.org.uk

Old 08-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Brian

On Thu 23 Aug 2012 at 19:01:52 +0100, Martin Smith wrote:

> Thanks for that info!

Depending on the newness of the hardware you may be as well off with an
image from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_alpha1/

It doesn't have the problem of the beta. Love the ceramics.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Martin Smith

Depending on the newness of the hardware you may be as well off with an
image from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_alpha1/

It doesn't have the problem of the beta. Love the ceramics.

OK, that should work fine with this machine, and thanks, the pots and
tiles love to be looked at.

--
Martin