Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Albretch Mueller

Default hardware monitoring at the most basic level …

How do you get periodic snapshots of your running hardware?
~
My box started to shutdown by itself and I doubt it is related to
overheating (in a random and plain physical way) so I changed it for
another one because I didn’t have time for troubleshooting/fixing at
this moment but then the same thing started to happen to the other box

~
What I notice is that for no obvious apparent reason the CPU taxes to
the max and the box starts revving wildly
~
I use different live CDs based on linux debian and I am very careful
in order to avoid the regular bs out there
~
I would like to periodically test the underlying hardware as low as
possible to the bare metal, because if something is messing with your
OS it will be harder for you to notice anything
~
Any best practices and tips you would share?
~
thanks
lbrtchx