-   -   continuity of a topic in debian-user (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/69660-continuity-topic-debian-user.html)

04-14-2008 05:57 PM

continuity of a topic in debian-user

Vikki, Ron & others,

At Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:55:16 -0500 Vikki Roemer wrote,
"Because threading is done by message id
(see headers) ..."

At Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:27:58 -0500 Ron Johnson wrote,
"One that I warn you away from, Peter, is slrn."

Turns out that the Oberon MUA passes SMTP header
parameters. So thread or topic continuity requires no
more than an "In-Reply-To" or a "References" parameter.

This text produced this message you are reading.
====================
Thanks for the comments. You helped to find the solution.
... Peter E.

--
Desktops.OpenDoc http://carnot.yi.org/
Desktops.OpenDoc http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/

"Vikki Roemer" 04-14-2008 06:23 PM

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:57 PM, <peasthope@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Vikki, Ron & others,
>
> At Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:55:16 -0500 Vikki Roemer wrote,
>
> "Because threading is done by message id
> (see headers) ..."
>
> At Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:27:58 -0500 Ron Johnson wrote,
>
> "One that I warn you away from, Peter, is slrn."
>
> Turns out that the Oberon MUA passes SMTP header
> parameters. So thread or topic continuity requires no
> more than an "In-Reply-To" or a "References" parameter.
>
> This text produced this message you are reading.
> ====================
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: continuity of a topic in debian-user

Cool, it didn't break the threading. :) And if it didn't break in
gmail, it's prolly ok.

--
Vikki Roemer

Registered Linux user #280021

"Sometimes the lights all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been."
-- Grateful Dead, "Truckin'"