-   -   framebuffer logo not available because of LUKS (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/696573-framebuffer-logo-not-available-because-luks.html)

"J. B" 08-22-2012 05:43 AM

framebuffer logo not available because of LUKS

Dear list,

With the ongoing process of my full disk encryption ( exclude /boot), I have now
come with another issue. The framebuffer device which resides under /root/dev is
not available prior to opening luks and it is quite normal. IS there any alternative
so that required drivers (like framebuffer) can be included within the kernel or
anything else ?

Thanks

"J. B" 08-22-2012 06:09 AM

framebuffer logo not available because of LUKS

Solved :-)

linux /vmlinuz-3.0.3.acer root=/dev/mapper/mygroup-root ro splash quiet video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap vga=792 resume=/dev/mapper/mygroup-swap

The [splash quiet video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap vga=792] has to be added