Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default OT: man in the middle attack ?

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 09:36 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 21 aug 12, 14:02:48, David wrote:
> > On 21/08/2012, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to apologise for the abuse you have suffered at the hands of
> > > certain members of this list. Uncalled for, rude & unhelpful.
> >
> > I agree. Attacking strangers might be a brief distraction from a bad
> > day, or a sad life, but it is not the majority spirit here. Please
> > ignore.
>
> Please don't make haste in assuming malice. Communication via e-mail
> between people of different native languages and cultures is quite a
> challenge, especially for humor and sarcasm.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
>
> - A good rule of thumb: Be conservative in what you send and
> liberal in what you receive. You should not send heated messages
> (we call these "flames") even if you are provoked. On the other
> hand, you shouldn't be surprised if you get flamed and it's
> prudent not to respond to flames.
>
> [...]
>
> - Remember that the recipient is a human being whose culture,
> language, and humor have different points of reference from your
> own. Remember that date formats, measurements, and idioms may
> not travel well. Be especially careful with sarcasm.
>

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

I used sarcasm, but using sarcasm is bad behavior. And I'm not proud
when I misbehave.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 07:54 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> There are tribes in Africa who wear almost no clothes. That is in
> general illegal in public here.

*chuckle*

In Germany it's neither forbidden nor allowed and there are some few
situations, when a judge is "forced" to decide, in what situation nudity
is bad and in what situations nudity is ok. Fortunately I'm not a judge.

In Germany a bandana can become a serious issue. If a Muslim teacher
(teaching math, German or what ever) is wearing a headscarf, this could
lead to a lawsuit. Ridiculous, but true.

Regards,
Ralf

Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 AM
"Chris"

I agree. The world has gone soft and to touchy feely, group hug for my liking...

Say what you mean, and mean what you say...

Sent from my HTC.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 09:08 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 07:54 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> > There are tribes in Africa who wear almost no clothes. That is in
> > general illegal in public here.
>
> *chuckle*
>
> In Germany it's neither forbidden nor allowed and there are some few
> situations, when a judge is "forced" to decide, in what situation nudity
> is bad and in what situations nudity is ok. Fortunately I'm not a judge.
>
> In Germany a bandana can become a serious issue. If a Muslim teacher
> (teaching math, German or what ever) is wearing a headscarf, this could
> lead to a lawsuit. Ridiculous, but true.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

PS: German neo-Nazis don't wear swastikas, the young German
anti-fascists wear clothes with patches showing crossed out swastikas
and those young anti-fascists are sued for showing anticonstitutional
symbols, so the previous conviction is much higher, than for a crime as
beating up somebody with another color of the skin. At that time
"things" aren't funny anymore.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
"Chris"

Ahh. Thanks for the heads up.