Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 PM
lina

Default how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal

Hi,

how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal.

I know putty, prehaps I should install it?

Better some already-installed program.

Thanks with best regards,

Old 08-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Jon Dowland

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:04:27PM +0800, lina wrote:
> how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal.

The key issue is what method of access you are using to the Windows machine.
Windows file sharing is perhaps easiest, in which case you can copy stuff
via 'samba' on the Linux host. 'smbclient //wherever/foo, put some-file'

Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Jochen Spieker

lina:

> how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal.

Typically, you mount a share from the windows system (filesystem type
cifs or smbfs) and then just cp.

> I know putty, prehaps I should install it?

I don't see how that would help.

J.
--
I eat meat and am concerned about bugs which are resistant to
antibiotics.