Old 08-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Lisi

Default how can I let iceweasle only remember partial history

On Sunday 19 August 2012 14:30:46 Brad Rogers wrote:
> >Iceweasel -> edit -> preferences -> privacy -> History -> keep my
> >history for at least <insert number> days
>
> That's a minimum number of days, not max. *It only gets close to
> deleting days if Iceweasel starts running out of space.

Yes. :-(

Sorry Lina. I clearly read the entries too fast and without thinking
properly.

Lisi

Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
lina

On Sunday 19,August,2012 09:33 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:35:28 +0800
> lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello lina,
>
>> I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
>> history, let's say, one day back from now.
>
> Go to about:config and look for;
>
> browser.history_expire_days
> browser.history_expire_days.mirror

Strangely I use filter "browser.history", can't find those options,
only:

browser.history.allowPopState;true
browser.history.allowPushState;true
browser.history.allowReplaceState;true
browser.history.maxStateObjectSize;655360

> and see what they're set to. Here, it's 180 (days). Set as desired.
>
> See this article for further reading;
>
> http://blogs.n1zyy.com/n1zyy/2008/09/16/firefoxs-history-setting/
Thanks with best regards,

Old 08-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:35:28 +0800, lina wrote:

> I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
> history, let's say, one day back from now.

http://blog.bonardo.net/2010/01/20/places-got-async-expiration

Maybe there's an extension to have that feature back again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón