Old 08-19-2012, 12:35 PM
lina

Default how can I let iceweasle only remember partial history

Hi,

I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
history, let's say, one day back from now.

Thanks ahead for your suggestions,

Best regards,

Old 08-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Lisi

On Sunday 19 August 2012 13:35:28 lina wrote:
> I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
> history, let's say, one day back from now.

Iceweasel -> edit -> preferences -> privacy -> History -> keep my history for
at least <insert number> days

This is on an older Iceweasel than you have (3.0.6) but I imagine that the
principle has remained the same.

HTH
Lisi

Old 08-19-2012, 01:23 PM
lina

On Sunday 19,August,2012 09:11 PM, Lisi wrote:
> On Sunday 19 August 2012 13:35:28 lina wrote:
>> I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
>> history, let's say, one day back from now.
>
> Iceweasel -> edit -> preferences -> privacy -> History -> keep my history for
> at least <insert number> days
>
> This is on an older Iceweasel than you have (3.0.6) but I imagine that the
> principle has remained the same.

$ iceweasel -v
Mozilla Iceweasel 10.0.6

There are three options,

Remember history
never remember history
Use custom settings for history

I havn't found what I wanted.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:11:11 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

>Iceweasel -> edit -> preferences -> privacy -> History -> keep my
>history for at least <insert number> days

That's a minimum number of days, not max. It only gets close to
deleting days if Iceweasel starts running out of space.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:35:28 +0800
lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello lina,

>I wonder whether I can configure the iceweasle only remember very recent
>history, let's say, one day back from now.

Go to about:config and look for;

browser.history_expire_days
browser.history_expire_days.mirror

and see what they're set to. Here, it's 180 (days). Set as desired.

See this article for further reading;

http://blogs.n1zyy.com/n1zyy/2008/09/16/firefoxs-history-setting/

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain
Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns 'N' Roses