Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
lina

Default ssh & wireless related

Hi,

My wireless connection is not stable.

several times it choked in the "wlan0: Failed to initiate AP scan"

I found one quick way to get out of it was restart my network-manager

During the network connection was not sustainable, no wireless,
the terminal was frozen there, which I used to ssh to another server.

Strangely once I restarted the network-manager, the connection restore
as normal, I mean the ssh connection is still there.
Is it strange? I thought it's broken, the connection.

The IP address it's obtained are the same.

Thanks with best regards,

Old 08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
lina

On Thursday 16,August,2012 11:31 PM, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> 16.08.2012 17:00, lina:
>
>> Strangely once I restarted the network-manager, the connection restore
>> as normal, I mean the ssh connection is still there.
>> Is it strange? I thought it's broken, the connection.
>
> There's nothing strange with that.
> A TCP connection is essentially identified by the quadruple (src port,
> src IP, dest port, dest IP). As long as none of the elements of this
> quadruple change, the connection may stay "intact" (even if some machine
> on the route from src to dest is rebooted, for example).
Thank you for your explaination here.

I start to understand now.
> Nevertheless, if data is to be transmitted while the other end of the
> connection is not reachable for some reason, either end may tear down
> the connection.

Best regards,