Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Charles Kroeger

Default Sound kaput after dist-upgrade on 15-8-2012

No sound after dist-upgrade on sid can't find a reason, has this happened to anyone
else?

my ALSA installation:

ii alsa-base 1.0.25+2+nmu1

ii alsa-utils 1.0.25-3 amd64

ii alsamixergui 0.9.0rc2-1-9.1 amd64

ii libsox-fmt-alsa 14.4.0-3 amd64

SoX alsa format I/O library

I use the Asus Xonar D1 sound card and I thought the snd-Oxygen module but I read
maybe I should have the snd-Virtuoso module but when I use 'Module-Assistant' I see
the alsa modules are not loaded, so why would I need that now? I don't know about
the Virtuoso driver but I'm sure I have the Oxygen driver, just can't find it but
don't seem to be able to find it.

Any ideas?

--
CK

Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Charles Kroeger

kaput means dead...!

I've removed flashplayer-mozilla..didn't care for it anyway, and suspected it had
something to do with buggering up my sound. However after purging still nothing.
Now I haven't rebooted yet and I may be blaming the harmless flashplayer unjustly,
but I'm I the 'only' one that has lost their sound in unstable?

--
CK