Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Nick Lidakis

Default Right arrow key quits working in X after a while

I seem to be having an issue with my right arrow key in X. It's quits working
after a while. It works fine in a VT, though.

Using xev | grep keycode, I get:

state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES,
state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES,
state 0x0, keycode 113 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES,
state 0x0, keycode 113 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES,
state 0x0, keycode 116 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES,
state 0x0, keycode 116 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES,

but nothing for the right arrow. Now, running vim in an xfce term, the solid
cursor just blinks when I hit the key.

I do use s2ram for this desktop and rarely shut it down. Any clues? Keyboard
is a Happy Hacking Lite PS/2.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:54:45 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> I seem to be having an issue with my right arrow key in X. It's quits
> working after a while. It works fine in a VT, though.
>
> Using xev | grep keycode, I get:
>
> state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES,
> state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES, state
> 0x0, keycode 113 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES, state 0x0,
> keycode 113 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES, state 0x0,
> keycode 116 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES, state 0x0,
> keycode 116 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES,
>
> but nothing for the right arrow. Now, running vim in an xfce term, the
> solid cursor just blinks when I hit the key.
>
> I do use s2ram for this desktop and rarely shut it down. Any clues?
> Keyboard is a Happy Hacking Lite PS/2.

Mmm, I wonder if it can be an undesired effect when restoring after
suspension. Does it happen when suspension is disabled? If not, have you
considered in disabling the keyboard/mouse hook to avoid they go to sleep?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón