FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM
 
Default xml editor ?

On Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:00:03 AM UTC+1, Frank McCormick wrote:
> I am trying out a window manager which uses XML (uugh!) for it's
>
> configuration file.
>
> Making changes with a text editor has almost blinded me...what is the
>
> "best" GUI editor which handles XML ??
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Cheers
>
> Frank
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4FCAA731.2080800@videotron.ca

Liquid XML Editor is okay or try any in the link below;

http://www.liquid-technologies.com/xml-editor.aspx

http://www.xml-editor.info


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: ef64045f-476b-4b5b-8eb3-919e0a283dba@googlegroups.com">http://lists.debian.org/ef64045f-476b-4b5b-8eb3-919e0a283dba@googlegroups.com
 
Old 08-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Johann Spies
 
Default xml editor ?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 02:08:07AM -0700, mike67440@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> On Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:00:03 AM UTC+1, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > I am trying out a window manager which uses XML (uugh!) for it's
> >
> > configuration file.
> >
> > Making changes with a text editor has almost blinded me...what is the
> >
> > "best" GUI editor which handles XML ??

I use emacs with nxml-mode which is quite useful.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder / Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have,
and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not,
because ye ask not." James 4:2
E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lês aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120813125745.GA21319@sun.ac.za">http://lists.debian.org/20120813125745.GA21319@sun.ac.za
 
Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Slavko
 
Default xml editor ?

Hi,

Dňa Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:08:07 -0700 (PDT) mike67440@yahoo.co.uk nap*sal:

> > Making changes with a text editor has almost blinded me...what is the
> >
> > "best" GUI editor which handles XML ??
>
> Liquid XML Editor is okay or try any in the link below;
>
> http://www.liquid-technologies.com/xml-editor.aspx
>
> http://www.xml-editor.info

I think, that original question was about XML editor from Debian's repo.
This my think is here, because here is the d-u ML :-)

I never used any XML editor (i don't need it yet), then sorry, that i
cannot share my experiences. But i don't forget yet, how confused was i
when some one recommend me to use "some editor" and here are a lot of
editors! Which to use???

But your question give me impulse to take look in the APT system, because
it seems that i will need one, then try this to find one:

LANG=C aptitude search ~d"xml.*editor"

For me it returns 20 packages, from which the 3 seems to be editors.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Vincent Lefevre
 
Default xml editor ?

On 2012-08-13 14:57:45 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 02:08:07AM -0700, mike67440@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:00:03 AM UTC+1, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > > I am trying out a window manager which uses XML (uugh!) for it's
> > >
> > > configuration file.
> > >
> > > Making changes with a text editor has almost blinded me...what is the
> > >
> > > "best" GUI editor which handles XML ??
>
> I use emacs with nxml-mode which is quite useful.

Me too. This is great!

For some kinds of changes (e.g. several changes based on some rules),
XMLStarlet could be useful too.

--
Vincent Lefvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120814210621.GK25354@xvii.vinc17.org">http://lists.debian.org/20120814210621.GK25354@xvii.vinc17.org
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Chris Bannister
 
Default xml editor ?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 08:35:58PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> I never used any XML editor (i don't need it yet), then sorry, that i
> cannot share my experiences. But i don't forget yet, how confused was i
> when some one recommend me to use "some editor" and here are a lot of
> editors! Which to use???

Why not just use vim? It has syntax highlighting for xml files, what
more do you need? What features does an xml editor offer that vim
doesn't?

--
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
oppressing." --- Malcolm X


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120814221255.GA30871@tal
 
Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Slavko
 
Default xml editor ?

Hi,

Dňa Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:12:55 +1200 Chris Bannister
<cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> nap*sal:

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 08:35:58PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> > I never used any XML editor (i don't need it yet), then sorry, that i
> > cannot share my experiences. But i don't forget yet, how confused was i
> > when some one recommend me to use "some editor" and here are a lot of
> > editors! Which to use???
>
> Why not just use vim? It has syntax highlighting for xml files, what
> more do you need? What features does an xml editor offer that vim
> doesn't?

???

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org