Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Steven Post

Default MS-Tech MC380 Remote control not working with XBMC wheezy

Hello list,

As the title suggests, I have a HTPC running Wheezy sitting in a MS-TECH
MC380 enclosure which includes a remote control.
The remote however is not working.

That same enclosure/remote control was used before with Squeeze, it
worked out of the box there. I replaced the hardware (except the SSD)
and therefore needed an OS upgrade. I installed using a slightly dated
netinstall iso, but after installation everything got updated.
The remote seems to be the only thing not working correctly.

As opposed to the Sqeeze install, this Wheezy installation does NOT
include deb-multimedia repositories, I tried but these didn't help
resolve the issue, so I reverted back to plain wheezy packages.

I believe the receiver is connected on the inside using a USB port.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,
Steven