Old 08-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Barry White

Default DISQUS

DISQUS appears to be written to be compatible with windows only, is this
correct ?

Barry

Archive: 50274906.5020604@bigpond.net.au">http://lists.debian.org/50274906.5020604@bigpond.net.au

Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Victor Padro

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Barry White <bewhite@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> DISQUS appears to be written to be compatible with windows only, is this
> correct ?
>
> Barry

I run it under a Linux server using apache, php and wordpress, but not
sure what you meant.

--
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"

Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:11:18 +1000, Barry White wrote:

> DISQUS appears to be written to be compatible with windows only, is this
> correct ?

You mean this service?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus

Can't tell but seems to be quite compabible, at least when you want to
install it on your own facilities:

http://disqus.com/admin/install/

If you meant for the client side (browser), what problem are you
experiencing?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Stephen Allen

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 04:11:18PM +1000, Barry White wrote:
> DISQUS appears to be written to be compatible with windows only, is
> this correct ?

You mean the 3rd party commenting api that some organizations/folks use
on their blogs?

Don't think so, I installed it recently on my Google Blogspot blog.
Works fine. Pretty sure Google isn't using Window's Servers and I know
that it works on Linux/MacOS/MSFT browsers client side. <shrug>

Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Camaleón

El 2012-08-14 a las 17:18 +1000, Barry White escribió:

(ressending to the list)

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:11:18 +1000, Barry White wrote:
>>
>>> DISQUS appears to be written to be compatible with windows only, is this
>>> correct ?
>>
>> You mean this service?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus
>>
>> Can't tell but seems to be quite compabible, at least when you want to
>> install it on your own facilities:
>>
>> http://disqus.com/admin/install/
>>
>> If you meant for the client side (browser), what problem are you
>> experiencing?

> Hello,
> Yes, it is my iceweasel browser I am using.
> Do I have to load a program to see the comments ?
> Thanks Barry

Mmmm... I have no idea :-P

(searching...)

Ah, look, it seems to be a known issue, check if any of these links helps:

Firefox can't see comments from sites using disqus sytem unless I start
in safe mode.
http://support.mozilla.org/es/questions/765627

Why isn't the comment box loading?
http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466227-why-isn-t-the-comment-box-loading-