Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Karen Lewellen

Default ot: file sharing other than yousendit, or sendspace?

Hi all,
I am sort of in a hurry, need to send two small files. While the y
might normally go via email, google will not let them through because they
are program files.
I have accounts at both yousend it, which I have not used i n a while, and
send space which has an error on its upload button.
I am not,nor am I interested in using the wizard for either, I am at a
shell service.

Any other options for file sharing?
Thanks,
Karen

Archive: Pine.BSF.4.64.1208112335550.86345@server1.shellwor ld.net">http://lists.debian.org/Pine.BSF.4.64.1208112335550.86345@server1.shellwor ld.net

Old 08-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 23:40 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> While they might normally go via email, google will not let them
> through because they are program files.

Pack them into an archive protected by a password. Perhaps your
"provider" don't allow this too. I suspect google wishes to know what is
inside a password protected archive, because they will collect all
data .

Regards,
Ralf

Old 08-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Karen Lewellen

My provider is not the issue.
You are suggesting that I should zip the files into an archive requiring a
password?
I am not sure how that would help with gmail, google told me on both
attempts, one zipped, the other a .exe file that google would not me send
the files because they were .exe files.

Karen

Archive: Pine.BSF.4.64.1208112353100.86805@server1.shellwor ld.net">http://lists.debian.org/Pine.BSF.4.64.1208112353100.86805@server1.shellwor ld.net

Old 08-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 23:56 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> My provider is not the issue.

I already noticed that you don't have a google account.

> You are suggesting that I should zip the files into an archive requiring a
> password?

Yes, zip or what ever.

> I am not sure how that would help with gmail, google told me on both
> attempts, one zipped, the other a .exe file that google would not me send
> the files because they were .exe files.

If the archive is password protected, they can't scan the contend of the
archive.

If they ban a password protected archive, then perhaps they would
protect openPGP too. If so, nobody should trust google.

Regards,
Ralf

Old 08-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Ralf Mardorf

> On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 23:56 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> > My provider is not the issue.
>
> I already noticed that you don't have a google account.
>
> > You are suggesting that I should zip the files into an archive requiring a
> > password?
>
> Yes, zip or what ever.
>
> > I am not sure how that would help with gmail, google told me on both
> > attempts, one zipped, the other a .exe file that google would not me send
> > the files because they were .exe files.
>
> If the archive is password protected, they can't scan the contend of the
> archive.
>
> If they ban a password protected archive, then perhaps they would
> protect openPGP too. If so, nobody should trust google.
^^^^^^oops, "ban"

Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 AM
"Chris"

Change the extensions to txt

Sent from my HTC.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 23:05 -0500, Chris wrote:
> Change the extensions to txt

I suspect that they scan the files and that they'll notice that those
files are no text files .