-   -   Off topic Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/693004-off-topic-gimp-2-8_save-save-bad-behavior.html)

maderios 08-11-2012 06:21 PM

Off topic Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

Hi
I posted this message on the Gimp user list
gimp-user-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2012-August/date.html

Hi
This message is addressed to developers.
New Gimp-2.8 would be a good tool but it is unusable for me. Example: I
use, hundreds of times per hour, the functions "save" and "save as",
indifferently on .png. xcf or .jpeg. To this end, I set two keyboard
shortcuts with one finger: save=s and save as=u. So I can save lot of
time. With version 2.8 , it's impossible . I'm professional. My job is
to work on images and I can't lost my time. Sorry...
So back to Gimp-2.6. I compiled it on Debian Testing/Wheezy (after
downgrading gegl and babl) and it works well.
This is very annoying. It would be nice to recover ergonomics and
traditional functions "save" and "save as" in Gimp-2.8.

At least give the user the choice....
Thanks for your work.
Best regards
Maderios