Old 08-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Vicente

Default Internet conecction

Good day, if someone can provide some help, many
Thanks in advance.

Turns out I have a computer with a wireless network card and a
usb modem, running a Debian testing, is that I want
configure the devices as follows: The USB Modem
output to have internet and wifi card to connect
to my local network, I've read on the internet but have not found a
guide
so help me turn to the list.

My debian is 64 bits.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Gary Dale

Good day, if someone can provide some help, many
Thanks in advance.

Turns out I have a computer with a wireless network card and a
usb modem, running a Debian testing, is that I want
configure the devices as follows: The USB Modem
output to have internet and wifi card to connect
to my local network, I've read on the internet but have not found a
guide
so help me turn to the list.

My debian is 64 bits.

Are you looking at turning your computer into an Internet gateway? If
not, why not just use your local network for the Internet connection?

Assuming the USB modem is for dial-up, use the ppp application to handle
the connection.

Wifi is widely covered. Basically, if your wireless card is supported,
you can just use the network manager to configure it. If it's not, you
may have to resort to the NDIS emulation application.

Archive: 5025D88F.2000706@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/5025D88F.2000706@rogers.com

Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:45:32 -0500, Vicente wrote:

> Good day, if someone can provide some help, many Thanks in advance.

Hola Vicente :-)

> Turns out I have a computer with a wireless network card and a usb
> modem, running a Debian testing, is that I want configure the devices as
> follows: The USB Modem output to have internet and wifi card to connect
> to my local network, I've read on the internet but have not found a
> guide
> so help me turn to the list.
>
> My debian is 64 bits.

You can configure both devices separately, I see no problem with that.

By default, the UMTS modem will be used as the default device to go out
(Internet) and then you can setup the wireless adapter as usual, with
your local network settings and no gateway.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón