Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 PM
hvw59601

Default notify when package upgrade

Hi,

I would like to be notified when package linux-source-3.2 (3.2.23-1) in
Sid gets upgraded. Is that possible? I can look of course and find out,
but it would be more interesting to be notified. I normally run wheezy
which is still at 3.2.21-3.

Hugo

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/k00st8$j41$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Jo, 09 aug 12, 12:44:08, hvw59601 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to be notified when package linux-source-3.2 (3.2.23-1)
> in Sid gets upgraded. Is that possible? I can look of course and
> find out, but it would be more interesting to be notified. I
> normally run wheezy which is still at 3.2.21-3.

Assuming you have sid in your sources with appropriate pinning you could
probably coerce a tool like cron-apt to provide you with this
information. Or you could just script something yourself.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:44:08 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:

> I would like to be notified when package linux-source-3.2 (3.2.23-1) in
> Sid gets upgraded. Is that possible? I can look of course and find out,
> but it would be more interesting to be notified. I normally run wheezy
> which is still at 3.2.21-3.

How about subscribing to a RSS feed?

http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux/news.rss20.xml

Greetings,