FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Fred Zinsli
 
Default dirvish banks empty

Hi All

I have installed and configured dirvish, but the banks on the backup
server don't contain any files from the production server.

My configuration.

/etc/dirvish/master.conf

bank:
/var/backup
index: text

exclude:
lost+found/
/proc
/sys
/etc/mtab
/var/cache/apt
core
*~
.nfs*
/tmp/*

Runall:
abigail
image-default: %Y%m%d
expire-default: +9 days
rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"
************************************************** **************************

/var/backup/abigail/dirvish/default.conf

rsync-client: sudo rsync
client: dirvish@172.20.86.111
tree: /
exclude:
+ /etc/mlmmj
+ /var/www
/*/
/*
************************************************** **************************

crontab is running a file containing this script.

#!/bin/sh
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin/
/usr/local/sbin/dirvish-expire --quiet
/usr/local/sbin/dirvish-runall --quiet
************************************************** **************************

All log files contain similar information
/var/backup/abigail/20120803/log

ACTION: rsync -vrltH --delete -pgo --stats -D --numeric-ids
--rsync-path=sudo rsync
--exclude-from=/var/backup/abigail/20120803/exclude
--link-dest=/var/backup/abigail/20120802/tree dirvish@172.20.86.111:/
/var/backup/abigail/20120803/tree

receiving incremental file list

Number of files: 1
Number of files transferred: 0
Total file size: 0 bytes
Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 17
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 175
Total bytes received: 34

sent 175 bytes received 34 bytes 418.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
************************************************** **************************

All summery files contain something similar.
client: dirvish@172.20.86.111
tree: /
rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"
Server: backup
Bank: /var/backup
vault: abigail
branch: default
Image: 20120803
Reference: 20120802
Image-now: 2012-08-03 22:04:01
Expire: +9 days == 2012-08-12 22:04:01
exclude:
lost+found/
/proc
/sys
/etc/mtab
/var/cache/apt
core
*~
.nfs*
/tmp/*
+ /etc/mlmmj
+ /var/www
/*/
/*
SET permissions devices numeric-ids stats
UNSET checksum init sparse whole-file xdev zxfer


ACTION: rsync -vrltH --delete -pgo --stats -D --numeric-ids
--rsync-path=sudo rsync
--exclude-from=/var/backup/abigail/20120803/exclude
--link-dest=/var/backup/abigail/20120802/tree dirvish@172.20.86.111:/
/var/backup/abigail/20120803/tree
Backup-begin: 2012-08-03 22:04:01
Backup-complete: 2012-08-03 22:04:01
Status: success
************************************************** **************************

No files exist in the tree folders.
No files were transfered when I initiated the backup "dirvish --vault
abigail --init"
There should be a minimum of one file each day as I am using
automysqlbackup and it is creating daily backups of our mysql server
within the tree I want backed up (/var/www). Yes the automysqlbackup are
being created.

Knowing nothing about dirvish isn't helping my situation. The idea here is
to backup specific directory trees (/var/www and /etc/mlmmj) on my
production server to a backup server.

Both production and backup servers are squeeze with all updates.

Any comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: b12d79c39667660b0dbd1d51fedd454f.squirrel@dtc.corp comp.co.nz">http://lists.debian.org/b12d79c39667660b0dbd1d51fedd454f.squirrel@dtc.corp comp.co.nz
 
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Mark Neyhart
 
Default dirvish banks empty

Fred Zinsli wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have installed and configured dirvish, but the banks on the backup
> server don't contain any files from the production server.
>
> My configuration.
>
> /etc/dirvish/master.conf
>
> bank:
> /var/backup
> index: text
>
> exclude:
> lost+found/
> /proc
> /sys
> /etc/mtab
> /var/cache/apt
> core
> *~
> .nfs*
> /tmp/*
>
> Runall:
> abigail
> image-default: %Y%m%d
> expire-default: +9 days
> rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"
> ************************************************** **************************
>
> /var/backup/abigail/dirvish/default.conf
>
> rsync-client: sudo rsync
> client: dirvish@172.20.86.111
> tree: /
> exclude:
> + /etc/mlmmj
> + /var/www
> /*/
> /*
> ************************************************** **************************
>
I don't think you can use + in the exclude list. Since you want to
back up two specific trees from the server, I would recommend using
two separate backup definitions.

In /var/backup/abigail_www/dirvish/default.conf

rsync-client: sudo rsync
client: dirvish@172.20.86.111
tree: /var/www

and in /var/backup/abigail_mlmmj/dirvish/default.conf

rsync-client: sudo rsync
client: dirvish@172.20.86.111
tree: /etc/mlmmj

In /etc/dirvish/master.conf


bank:
/var/backup
index: text

exclude:
*~

Runall:
abigail_www
abigail_mlmmj

image-default: %Y%m%d
expire-default: +9 days
rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"


> No files were transfered when I initiated the backup "dirvish --vault
> abigail --init"

Remember to initialize both backups

dirvish --vault abigail_www --init
dirvish --vault abigail_mlmmj --init



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 502027EC.1000602@legis.state.ak.us">http://lists.debian.org/502027EC.1000602@legis.state.ak.us
 
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Fred Zinsli
 
Default dirvish banks empty

> Fred Zinsli wrote:

>> Hi All

>>

>> I have installed and configured dirvish, but the banks on the
backup

>> server don't contain any files from the production server.

>>

>> My configuration.

>>

>> /etc/dirvish/master.conf

>>

>> bank:

>> /var/backup

>> index: text

>>

>> exclude:

>> lost+found/

>> /proc

>> /sys

>> /etc/mtab

>> /var/cache/apt

>> core

>> *~

>> .nfs*

>> /tmp/*

>>

>> Runall:

>> abigail

>> image-default: %Y%m%d

>> expire-default: +9 days

>> rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o
"StrictHostKeyChecking no"

>>
************************************************** **************************

>>

>> /var/backup/abigail/dirvish/default.conf

>>

>> rsync-client: sudo rsync

>> client: dirvish@172.20.86.111

>> tree: /

>> exclude:

>> + /etc/mlmmj

>> + /var/www

>> /*/

>> /*

>>
************************************************** **************************

>>

> I don't think you can use + in the exclude list. Since you want
to

> back up two specific trees from the server, I would recommend
using

> two separate backup definitions.

>

> In /var/backup/abigail_www/dirvish/default.conf

>

> rsync-client: sudo rsync

> client: dirvish@172.20.86.111

> tree: /var/www

>

> and in /var/backup/abigail_mlmmj/dirvish/default.conf

>

> rsync-client: sudo rsync

> client: dirvish@172.20.86.111

> tree: /etc/mlmmj

>

> In /etc/dirvish/master.conf

>

>

> bank:

> /var/backup

> index: text

>

> exclude:

> *~

>

> Runall:

> abigail_www

> abigail_mlmmj

>

> image-default: %Y%m%d

> expire-default: +9 days

> rsh: ssh -o "BatchMode yes" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking
no"

>

>

>> No files were transfered when I initiated the backup
"dirvish --vault

>> abigail --init"

>

> Remember to initialize both backups

>

> dirvish --vault abigail_www --init

> dirvish --vault abigail_mlmmj --init

>

>

>

> --

> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact

> listmaster@lists.debian.org

> Archive:
http://lists.debian.org/502027EC.1000602@legis.state.ak.us

>

>


Hi Mark


That certainly made the difference. Thank you for your suggestion.


Regards


Fred
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org