Old 08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Alberto Fuentes

Default switching ESC and CAP LOCK in xcfe

i have this ~/.Xmodmap [0] to switch CAP LOCK and ESC but its not
executed when login into xfce :S

Also, I execute manually with xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap but it switch back to
orinal conf within a random period of time and im not sure why...

Im running latest wheezy

Thank you!

[0]
$ cat .Xmodmap
! Swap caps lock and escape
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keysym Escape = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
add Lock = Caps_Lock

Archive: 501BC174.8050405@qindel.com">http://lists.debian.org/501BC174.8050405@qindel.com

Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:17:56 +0200, Alberto Fuentes wrote:

> i have this ~/.Xmodmap [0] to switch CAP LOCK and ESC but its not
> executed when login into xfce :S

(...)

Hello Alberto,

There's something about that at XFCE wiki (section "Is it possible to use
Media keys in the Shortcut Editor?"):

http://wiki.xfce.org/faq#keyboard

But it also says that sometimes does not work ;-(

By Googling around I found this, check if it helps:

How to swap the Caps Lock and Escape keys? [SOLVED]

Greetings,

--
Camaleón