Old 04-13-2008, 03:22 PM
"Paul Csanyi"

Default postgresql 7.4 and 8.1 on the same system

Hello!

I have installed on Debian Etch both postgresql 7.4 and 8.1.

When I log in to the postgresql database with su postgres,
how can I know, which one is used?

Say, I want to log in to the postgresql 7.4, then which
command to use?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

Old 04-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Kevin Mark

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 05:22:27PM +0200, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have installed on Debian Etch both postgresql 7.4 and 8.1.
>
> When I log in to the postgresql database with su postgres,
> how can I know, which one is used?
>
> Say, I want to log in to the postgresql 7.4, then which
> command to use?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Csanyi
> http://www.freewebs.com/csanyi-pal/index.htm
I would imagine the unversioned binary would be linked to a versioned
one.
ln -s postgresl7.3 postgres
and/or may be setup using the Debian alternatives system upon
installation.
hope that explains.

--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|