Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
John Hasler

Default Intellectual Property Law

doug writes:
> Not only does copyright not die, as long as Disney is in business,
> copyrights will extend to eternity!

The laws may persist long after effective enforcement ceases, but cease
it will. Eventually. In a few hundred years copyright will be seen as
a bizarre and incomprehensible medieval practice. Only specialized
historians and economists will really understand why it existed.
--
John Hasler

Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 AM
John Hasler

Ralf writes:
> Thus the human race is in competition, every single human with each
> other?!

Competition and cooperation are not mutually exclusive.

> Instead of sharing knowledge, we prefer to show who has got the
> biggest dick?!

Sexual competition is a fundamental, instinctive part of human nature.
So is cooperation.
--
John Hasler

Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 AM
John Hasler

Ralf writes:
> I don't like money! I prefer exchange and altruism. Yes, bankers have
> nothing to offer, they should die!!!

"Kill the rich and take their property" has been the essence of populism
for millennia. Everybody ends up poorer, except the new ruling class.

> Dealing with food to make money, while humans die because they've got
> nothing to eat. dealing with knowledge, it's a shame!

I don't think you understand what money is.
--
John Hasler

Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 19:47 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> I don't think you understand what money is.

I'm able to handle money to survive very good, but you're right, I don't
understand, let's call it the "black box" of the way money is handled
international. Perhaps, I hope that I don't understand it, in hope that
it's not that evil as I guess it is.

I dunno,
Ralf

Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 19:47 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Ralf writes:
> > I don't like money! I prefer exchange and altruism. Yes, bankers have
> > nothing to offer, they should die!!!
>
> "Kill the rich and take their property" has been the essence of populism
> for millennia. Everybody ends up poorer, except the new ruling class.
>
> > Dealing with food to make money, while humans die because they've got
> > nothing to eat. dealing with knowledge, it's a shame!
>
> I don't think you understand what money is.
> --
> John Hasler

Addendum: I'm not populist, it might sound like that, regarding to my
broken English.

How many people do you know, that didn't do the job they were payed for
+ they instead rip of people and in the end they didn't end in jail
regarding to a penalty for breach of contract, but they get that much
money from the community of humans, as compensation for not doing their
jobs, that they are the richest men on this planet, regarding to
unscrupulousness?

Another language barrier: http://www.dict.cc/?s=Pleitebank

Old 08-08-2012, 02:36 AM
John Hasler

Ralf writes:
> If you're on work and you've got the idea how to improve something
> regarding to your job, than you're the copyright holder (it's your
> intelectual property), but you're not the owner.

Are you talking about copyright or patent? USA law treats the two quite
differently.
--
John Hasler

Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 21:36 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Ralf writes:
> > If you're on work and you've got the idea how to improve something
> > regarding to your job, than you're the copyright holder (it's your
> > intelectual property), but you're not the owner.
>
> Are you talking about copyright or patent? USA law treats the two quite
> differently.

That's a good question. "Yours" and "my" law (I guess you understand the
"") might differ. In Germany (AFAIK) intellectual property is (=)
copyright, but the http://www.dict.cc/?s=verwertung has nothing to do
with it. Some asshole by law is allowed to forbid to share your
knowledge, your intellectual property and at the same time he's allowed
to make tons of money with your idea, while you're still the owner of
the intellectual property, you don't have the right to get enough to
(money) eat.

If I'm mistaken, tell me what to do , assumed I know what I'm talking
about and I which to change the situation for some people, including
myself.

Perhaps it's to late, some thieve had the money to own the patent of
your, my idea.

I'm not interested in fame, money etc. I wish that nobody on this planet
has to die of hunger. Regarding to this I'm not altruistic, I'm selfish,
it's easier for me, if my neighbor has not to suffer.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 04:54 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 21:36 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > Ralf writes:
> > > If you're on work and you've got the idea how to improve something
> > > regarding to your job, than you're the copyright holder (it's your
> > > intelectual property), but you're not the owner.
> >
> > Are you talking about copyright or patent? USA law treats the two quite
> > differently.
>

> That's a good question. "Yours" and "my" law (I guess you understand the
> "") might differ. In Germany (AFAIK) intellectual property is (=)
> copyright, but the http://www.dict.cc/?s=verwertung has nothing to do
> with it. Some asshole by law is allowed to forbid to share your
> knowledge, your intellectual property and at the same time he's allowed
> to make tons of money with your idea, while you're still the owner of
> the intellectual property, you don't have the right to get enough to
> (money) eat.
>
> If I'm mistaken, tell me what to do , assumed I know what I'm talking
> about and I which to change the situation for some people, including
> myself.
>
> Perhaps it's to late, some thieve had the money to own the patent of
> your, my idea.
>
> I'm not interested in fame, money etc. I wish that nobody on this planet
> has to die of hunger. Regarding to this I'm not altruistic, I'm selfish,
> it's easier for me, if my neighbor has not to suffer.

Relativeness. What's rich, whats poor? For western societies I'm poor,
but compared to all humans on this planet, I'm rich.

I guess most people are not aware about the situation on this planet.

In Germany many folks are unfruchtbar. This planet is overpopulated.
Those unfruchtbar Germans aren't thinking about this, they don't help
children from other people, they try everything that is possible by in
vitro fertilization instead.

The children of the richest should survive.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Chris Bannister

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 02:54:01AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 19:47 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > I don't think you understand what money is.
>
> I'm able to handle money to survive very good, but you're right, I don't
> understand, let's call it the "black box" of the way money is handled
> international. Perhaps, I hope that I don't understand it, in hope that
> it's not that evil as I guess it is.

Unless you're an investment banker:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 984,000 for "investment banking" corruption. (0.26 seconds)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X